The Dubuque County Library District subscribes to many great, high-quality online resources for a wide variety of purposes—from crafting to car repair and health information to school research. If you’re logging in from home, these databases require your DCLD card barcode number to sign in.
- Bridges is a collection of ebooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines available for download through Libby.
- NoveList is a database of book recommendations and has expert reads-like recommendations and more.
- Iowa Locator (SILO) or WorldCat can help you find books, CDs, DVDs and other items in libraries in Iowa and around the world.
- Chilton Library provides the detailed information you need to tackle vehicle maintenance and repairs.
Magazine and newspaper articles on a variety of topics. Many articles are available in full-text
- AAS Historical Periodicals is the premier resource documenting everyday life in the U.S. from the Colonial Era through the Civil War and Reconstruction allows you to search for information from hundreds of antiquarian newspapers.
- MasterFILE Premier and MasterFILE Reference eBooks are excellent sources for full-text magazines, primary source documents, reference books, and more.
- EBSCOHost allows you to search many EBSCO databases.
- MedLine Plus is one of the best medical-related databases available. Find information on health topics, drugs and supplements, and information on diseases, symptoms, tests, treatments.
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- National Library of Medicine
- National Library of Medicine (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish)
- CDC Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- Mango Languages Mango boasts 70 languages, from Arabic to Yiddish. Mango is also loaded with cultural information for different parts of the world. Set up a confidential account to track your progress.
- Dubuque Telegraph-Herald (daily edition)
- Dubuque Telegraph Herald (backfile) Search full-text articles on local news, issues, events, people and more from current and archived issues of the Telegraph Herald.
- Cascade Pioneer Search full-text articles on local news, issues, events, people and more from current and archived issues of the Cascade Pioneer.
- Access World News Explore and stay informed on local, national and international topics, people and events in areas such as business, health, education, jobs and careers, political and social issues and more. Features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources from around the world to around the corner.
Iowa Publications Online can help you dig deep into all things Iowa.
Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) state map. Print off copies of travel maps, road maps, or city detail maps. This is a great resource for kids studying geography/map skills, or if you’re simply interested in a closer look at the state of Iowa!
People’s Law Library This new website is designed to help Iowans easily find and navigate topics related to Iowa law such as consumer law, family law, and landlord/tenant law, along with guidance on researching legal issues, a glossary of more than 100 legal terms, and more.
- Kanopy More than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema.
- Brainfuse JobNow & VetNow GED and ACT test preparation, resume assistance, Veterans support, workplace skills, and more.
- Brainfuse HelpNow Live online tutoring & studying tools for students and skill building for adults.
- LearningExpress Library has over 770 practice tests and exercises including GED and ACT test preparation, job search assistance, workplace skills, and more. Get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.