Friends of the Library
What is the ‘Friends of the Library’?
Friends of the Library is a nonprofit (501c3) volunteer advocacy organization which supports the Library. Our members advocate, educate, and raise funds on behalf of the Library, its patrons, and the community.
How can you support your local library?
By joining the Friends you can help to support library programs and services with your volunteer time and talents or a monetary donation. You can raise awareness of the library in the communities the library serves and advocate for library support. We would love to have the input of citizens who are patrons of each of the branch locations to determine each branch’s unique needs.
Why does the library need your monetary support?
Government funding pays the majority, but not all, of the operating expenses for the library. Library services and programs are supplemented through the membership and fundraising efforts of the Friends group.
How do the Friends operate?
A Friends Board is elected from the membership and meets monthly.
What have the Friends done for the Dubuque County Library?
- Painted and refurbished the Epworth branch
- Supplemented funds for Library collections
- Purchased the Library’s subscription to Ancestry.com
- Supported the Summer Reading Program
- Applied for and received grants on behalf of the Library
- Participated in community parades
- Hosted and funded library receptions
- Purchased library equipment
How can you join?
Click below to get a Friends Membership Form. Fill it in, print it out, and send it to the address given, or drop it off at any branch. We’d love to have you as a member!