Public Library Student Access Program
Middle and High School students in the Dubuque Community School District are able to use their student ID as a library card to access print and electronic materials at the Dubuque County Library District or the Carnegie-Stout Public Library. Learn more on the DCSD Webpage.
To check out physical library material, one can simply visit the library and present one’s student ID at the circulation desk.
To access online materials such as eBooks and research databases, one must create a PIN and log in to the library’s online catalog.
How do I create or reset my PIN?
On first use, you will need to create a personal identification number (PIN). These same instructions can be used to reset your PIN should you lose or forget it.
- On the library catalog page, click “sign in” then “Reset My PIN”.
- Enter your card number. Your card number consists of the letter P, a space, and then your Student Number, which can be found on your student ID badge or in Infinite Campus, as shown below. For the account shown here, the card number would be “P 123456”.
- Enter your school email address in the “Email” Field.
- An email will be sent to your school email address. Click the link to create your new password.
- Choose a 4-digit PIN that you will remember and do not share it with anyone.
How do I log in?
Once you’ve created a PIN using the directions above, online library resources can be accessed using your card number and PIN. As described above, your card number is your Student Number preceded by P and a space (ex. “P 123456”).